Braised Chevon Ribs
Author: Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- 2 lbs Prime Chevon Ribs
- 1 & ½ tsp Garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Ginger, minced
- 1 Large Onion, chopped
- ½ dried Chile Pepper, crushed
- or 1 fresh Chile, minced
- 8 Cloves, crushed
- Grated Zest of 1 Orange
- Juice of 1 Orange
- ¼ cup sodium reduced Soy Sauce
- ⅓ cup Hoisin Sauce
- ⅓ cup Honey
- Juice of ½ Lime
- ¾ cup Dry Sherry
- Add garlic, ginger, onion, chile, cloves, orange zest, orange juice, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, honey, lime juice and sherry to a resealable plastic bag or bowl. Mix well.
- Add ribs and turn to cover with marinade. Transfer to fridge and marinate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325F. Add ribs and cover with foil and transfer to oven.
- Braise until ribs start getting a little tender, about 2-2½ hours, turning often to ensure even cooking.
- Remove foil and cook for an additional 30 minutes until ribs are tender and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Cut into portions.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 330 Fat: 6gm Saturated fat: 3gm Trans fat: 0.2gm Carbohydrates: 50gm Sugar: 31gm Sodium: 910mg Fiber: 2gm Protein: 19gm Cholesterol: 65mg