Spiced Shevon Koftas
Author: Canadian Meat Goat Association
- 2 tbsp Ginger, minced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper, seeden and minced
- or 1 hot Green Chili Pepper
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 tbsp Corn Starch
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp Coriander, ground
- 1 lb ground Chevon
- In a large bowl, stir together ginger, garlic, jalapeno, oil, egg yolk, corn starch, salt, turmeric and ground coarriander; mix in chevon until just blended.
- Divide into 8 portions; shape each into a ball. Thread onto each of 4 metal or soaked wooden skewers. Squeeze each into a 3 inch (8cm) sausage shape
- Place skewers on a greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and cook, turning skewers once, for about 15 minutes or until koftas are lightly browned and no longer pink inside.
- Serve with raw onions, pitas and sour cream or plain yogurt.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 260 Fat: 16gm Saturated fat: 5gm Trans fat: 0.2gm Carbohydrates: 12gm Sugar: 0 Sodium: 380mg Fiber: 0 Protein: 24gm Cholesterol: 140mg