Author: Canadian Meat Goat Association
- 2 tbsp Curry Powder
- ¼ cup fresh Lemon Juice
- 4 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 large Onion
- 1 tbsp Ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp Garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Curry Paste (hot, medium or mild)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 1 tsp Cumin ground
- 3 cups Water
- 1 lb Chevon, cubed, fat trimmed
- ½ tsp Salt & freshly ground Pepper
- 1 cup lite Coconut Milk
- 2 cups drained, chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 cups baby Spinach
- 4¼ cut Lychee nuts (Asian food section)
- 2 hot peppers (optional)
- Marinate chevon overnight in the 2 tbsp of curry powder, ¼ cup of lemon juice, 1 tbsp of garlic and 2 tbsp vegetable oil.
- Heat the next 2 tbsp oil in a large wok or skillet. Saute the onions slowly until softened, add ginger and garlic, saute for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in curry paste, cinnamon and cumin. Cook until frangrant - approximately 1 minute.
- Add chevon and marinade and 3 cups of water. Simmer until tender and the water is evaporated.
- Water may have to be recontituted depending on the cut of meat being used.
- When meat is tender, add the coconut milk, tomatoes, hot peppers, if using and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until thickened. Remove from heat and add lemon juice, spinach and lychee nuts.
- Serve with pappadums, chutney, plain yogurt and pickle.
- Garnish with fresh mint and additional lemon.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 430 Fat: 27gm Saturated fat: 7gm Trans fat: 0.2gm Carbohydrates: 34gm Sugar: 8gm Sodium: 430mg Fiber: 8gm Protein: 27gm Cholesterol: 90mg